Friday, December 28, 2012

Get Lifted

Well, I find it suitable that my first self reflection post is about over coming obstacles. Very specifically my need to overcome the fear of failure, not even so much failure as inadequacy.  I am always afraid that what ever it is I embark upon it will never be good enough, so rather than face this fear I move on to something else,  leaving projects unfinished, goals unsatisfied and passions untouched.  The thing is, with out practice, things will seem inadequate at times, that is part of the process of learning something.   Natural talent aside, practice is necessary to improve.  This being said, I am going to allow my self the freedom to pursue passions without judgement of myself.   Uninhibited.  

"...the most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well.” - excerpt from The Olympic Creed


No comments:

Post a Comment